How do you ensure your target market is not oblivious of the value you are offering ?
Define Goals:Goals are an essential part of the potential success of your campaign. They provide structure and purpose — and something to work towards. However, nailing down effective goals requires a bit of thought and planning. Your goals have to be SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-Bound). Also try to ensure you do not have more than two goals so resources are not spread thin.
- Define Target Persona:The target persona is a semi-fictional representation of your ideal customer based on market research and real data about your existing customers. When creating your persona(s), consider including customer demographics, behavior patterns, motivations, and goals. The more detailed you are, the better.
- Create Campaign Concept: When it comes time to brainstorm a campaign idea, unleashing your creativity can be easier said than done — especially if you’re brainstorming in a group setting. In order to keep the ideas flowing and have more productive brainstorms, you need to account for different personality types, points of view, and preferred ways of learning. On top of that, you also need to be thinking about your potential customer’s pain points, preferred content formats, stage in the buyer’s journey, etc. To help you conduct a better brainstorm session for your next campaign, consider the following tips: — Invite a diverse group of people. — Provide context and goals well before the meeting. — Ask people to come prepared. — Don’t be afraid to say “no” to the bad ideas.— Provide a place for anonymous submissions.
- Create Campaign Offer:Creating quality offers is the key to generating quality leads. So when it comes time to actually create the substance of your campaign, you want to make sure you’ve really thought through the context, format, and positioning.You can use these three questions to guide the offer creation process – Is this offer valuable to your target audience? 2. Does this offer align with your business goals? 3. Is this offer targeted to the right person at the right time? The good new is, there is no shortage of content types for you to choose from when designing your campaign offers E-books, Guides, Webinars, Slideshows, Kits, Industry Case Studies, New Industry Research,Templates, Free Tools, Free Trials, Product Demos, Consultations, Coupons.
- Design Conversion Path: A conversion path refers to the process by which an anonymous website visitor becomes a known lead. A conversion path is comprised of a content offer, call-to-action, landing page, thank you page, and sometimes a kickback email. A call-to-action (CTA) is an image or line of text that prompts your visitors, leads, and customers to take action. It is, quite literally, a “call” to take an “action.”
- Launch and Promote:Before you start pushing traffic to your campaign, it’s always a good idea to go through the process yourself to make sure that everything is working the way it should be. A campaign has a lot of moving pieces, and it’s easy to forget or overlook the small details. After you launch you need to use social media in a strategic way, here are some tips — Create a Snapchat or Instagram Story introducing your campaign. — Change your cover photo to be brandedfor the piece of content you just launched. — Pin a tweet to the top of your page that has a link to the landing page and an image with the same branding as the cover photo. — Create a hashtag for the campaign.
- Measure and Report Result: The key to getting started here is to revisit your campaign goals, and start by zooming in on the metrics tied directly to them. Simple Marketing Metrics: Visits — the number of times users have reached your site from an external source. Conversion rate of visits-to-contacts. Contacts — the number of new contacts generated, during the given time frame. Conversion rate of contacts-to-customers. Customers — the number of customers whose first conversion occurred during the given time frame. There are other metrics you can check as well, such as which channels are most effective but we cannot cover all in this article.