Wasn’t it just like yesterday we started 2018 and we are now six months gone. Time indeed does run fast. As we begin the second half of the year, it’s a great time to set aside an hour or so – on a weekend or during your normal weekly planning time – and do a mid year review.
At the beginning of the year, you may have set some concrete goals but as you go through the day to day, it is easy to lose track and fall off the wagon.Use this time to reflect back on the first six months of the year and make adjustments to your goals for the remainder of the year.
Consider these 5 questions to ask yourself during your mid-year review:
- What did I do well? Look through the goals you set at the beginning of the year and tick those you have achieved. There may also be things you didn’t necessarily plan for but they happened and you are happy. Write those down too.
- What stopped me from achieving my goals? For some goals, you probably had good intentions but they never panned out. Ask yourself what stood in the way. Take some time to think of alternatives around the stumbling block and adjust in preparation for the second half of the year.
- What habits do I need to develop or drop to help me stay on track? Procrastination is definitely one habit most of us struggle with and need to drop. Sometimes you can get carried away into thinking there is still time when in fact time is not waiting. Keeping a journal is one good habit that helps you keep track and review the choices you made. I also like time blocking. This is basically allocating chunks of time for particular activities. This way your brain looks forward to that task and naturally reminds you to do it at the time set.
- What relationships should I cultivate and nurture?Whether in your personal or professional life, you need people to grow and flourish. Ask yourself what relationships you need for the second half of the year. Who do you need to meet or know?
- What skills do I need to learn?Think about skills in terms of strengths. Can social media improve your chances of achieving your goals? If yes, select the platforms and spend time learning about it and implementing what you learn.
Run through the above questions. Write down your answers, then, once a week going forward through the end of the year, review this information and make consistent action on a weekly basis.
You still have time to make 2018 the best year of your life?
If you need help getting back on track and exceeding your goals reach out. Our accountability program is a gentle but firm handholding service designed to help you achieve your audacious goals.
What are you waiting for? Reach out to us now.