Every business, whether big or small, has one ultimate goal in mind- to grow bigger and be more profitable. However, achieving this in a manner that is sustainable is a struggle for most business owners. After the initial high, things just gradually slow down and it seems your business has become stagnant. Well the good news is that it doesn’t have to be. Here are some tips to keep you going forward:
1. Set goals: What does growth mean for your business? Do you want to cater to a new market segment, introduce a new product or perhaps move to a bigger location? Your answer will form the foundation of your strategic plan.
2. Create processes: Business processes help everyone in your organization stay on the same page. It reduces dependence on you as the business owner and empowers you to delegate effectively. As a growth strategy, designing business processes will help you identify specific areas in your business where you have bottlenecks so you can work to resolve them. It will also reveal areas where there are gaps in your system in terms of manpower and technology. It will also make it easier for you to take on additional workload without the fear of compromise.
3. Invest in social media: Whether you like it or hate it, social media is here to stay. The earlier your business starts embracing it, the better it would be. Start by developing and maintaining a website. You do not have to be on every social media site but choose one or 2 and stick to it. You will be glad you did.
4. Have marketing strategy: Regardless of good you are at your business, if your customers do not know you exist, you will not be able to sell to them. A marketing strategy is a calculated and specific plan that ensures you are targeting the right customer with the product in such a way that they know you, trust you and are willing to buy from you.
5. Conduct market research: Customer needs, tastes and preferences are constantly changing. As a proactive business, you must take time out to update yourself on new trends in the market, customer pain points and innovations in your industry. This knowledge will help you design new products or services to meet the needs of your customers.
Moving to the next level requires a focused and committed mindset and the vision to respond to current and future projections. While it might not be possible to do every thing at once, decide on one or two and gradually begin to incorporate.
Please share your comments below.
Image source: http://salesvelocity.training/site/grow-business-grow-money/